Random Fact About Me #71: The first fish I ever caught was during one of my family's weekend boat trips out of Sitka. I was 9 years old and it was a 108lb halibut, much larger than I was at the time.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Breakfast of Champions
Over the last few years, we have been perfecting a new tradition in our family. Each spring (typically around Easter) we gather at the beach early on a beautiful sunny morning and cook a big ole breakfast over the campfire. This year it has taken a while for mother nature to present us with the perfect morning, but it finally arrived last weekend and we took full advantage. Eggs, ham, potatoes, pancakes, toast... all served hot off the fire while we sat in the warm sun, teased with the occasional breeze. Food never tasted so good! Afterwards we lingered around the beach for a few more hours, took a walk, beach combed, and attempted to fly a kite. Overall it was a fantastic start to the day and wonderful way to spend time with the family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment