2011 Highlights
Trip to Washington - A couple incredibly relaxing weeks spent with friends and family. Enjoyed tons of bonding time with my nephew and helped celebrate his 1st birthday in style.
Goudie Family Moved to Juneau - Happily welcomed my sister, bro-in-law, and nephew back to Juneau, and this time to stay. Absolutely love being able to spend more time with them all!
Camping for My Birthday - An enjoyable 24hrs spent camping at one of my favorite places with one of my favorite people. Ranks pretty high on my list of best birthdays and will definitely be hard to beat.
Trip to Sitka - Showed off my hometown and escaped from work and responsibilities for a long weekend with my dear friend, Terra.
2011 Lows
Bestie Moved to Montana - Still haven't fully accepted the absence of my bestie, Karen. But thankfully the void has been semi-filled with daily texts and phone calls.
Tyia's Cancelled Trip - Still sad I didn't get to spend Folk Fest week enjoying laughter and debauchery with one of my closest friends. Waiting to hear about future trip plans though, and hopefully in early 2012!
Failed AK Day Resolution - Disappointment weighed heavily after having failed my AK Day Resolution for the first time in 6 years.
Bad Correspondence - Uber fail on my part. Neglected to keep up with emails/letters/phone calls with many of those I hold dear. Vow to try harder next year.
2011 Accomplishments
Covering 360 of Life - Created this blog and have successfully kept up with it for several months now with no end in sight. Am also fairly certain it is the reason I am able to add the following accomplishments to this list as well... all of which have been great subjects to blog about.
Etsy Success - Enjoyed seeing one of my Treasuries on the front page of Etsy for the very first time, kept up with the holiday's crazy amount of mitten orders, and have possibly created a new item that will hopefully be gracing my shop with it's presence in early 2012!
Better Timing - Started a little weak in the beginning of the year but have gotten much better at finishing gifts for people on time rather than several months late.
Basking in Holiday Spirit - Didn't allow my inner grinch to take hold this year and celebrated a stress-free Thanksgiving with family and friends and actually managed to get Christmas decorations up early and presents made/bought with a week to spare.
2012 Hopes, Goals, & Anticipations
New Arrival in March - So unbelievably excited to meet my new niece this spring! Bring on the pink tutus!
More Attention Paid to Health - What's a new year without the cliched resolution of eating better and going to the gym more often. Hoping to rekindle my interest in cooking and conquering more visits to the gym now that I will have a friend in tow.
Public Market - Entertaining the idea of sharing a booth with my mom during next fall's Public Market. Would entail a lot of stock piling of handmade goods which translates into keeping up with my knitting even throughout the warm summer months.
More Projects - Now that Christmas presents are done, I can get started on the ever-growing list of random craft projects I have been putting off until I had more time. So excited to see where the new year's creative inspiration takes me!
Random Fact About Me #5165: I've kept a journal since the early years of high school and often indulge myself in reading old entries just to keep the memories alive.
Once again, you are my complete sinspiration (ummm that typo is too good to repair bahahaha). I think my resolution will be my blog this year :) Screw you Facebook! hehehe
ReplyDeleteAnd if money allows, I've already put in for the week of April 9th off! Booyah baby!!!!!