Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winter Doldrums

We're in the thick of it now. It's the end of January and time seems to be dragging on. The light at the end of the tunnel, otherwise known as spring, is still too far away to see just yet. Instead, the weatherman threatens winter storm warnings every other day, and in between those we're gifted with a lovely mix of snow and rain that leaves my car struggling to get out of the driveway every morning. And I might as well sleep in my Xtra Tufs for the amount of time I seem to need them lately. Needless to say, it's gross out there.

The buzz of the holidays has finally worn off, which is the main reason for my lack of posting lately. I've been taking a break from the crafting for a few weeks and, unless you're interested in hearing all about my fascinating thoughts on this season's reality tv shows (yes, I have somehow fallen victim to yet another season of The Bachelor), there just hasn't been a whole lot to write about. I suspect that will change shortly though. I'm starting to feel that urge to pick myself up off the couch again and jump back into life with new vigor so I can continue plowing on through the rest of the winter, both figuratively and literally.

Thankfully a couple of my favorite local events are coming up very soon. In a couple weeks I'll be attending The Wearable Arts Show with my sister and mom. It's always a fantastic show and this year my good friend, Christina, will be strutting her stuff down the runway too, which will add to the enjoyment factor for sure! After that, the university will be hosting the Banff Film Festival again which is a couple nights worth of short films of various length, mostly relating to extreme sports and the great outdoors. I have a blast seeing all the unfamilar faces during those nights. Definitely a crowd I don't typically see around at the usual hangouts.

Other than that, my plan is to fill the rest of my time with more dinners and game nights with friends, maybe attending another play or two, reading some good books, and going through my list of craft projects in hopes of finding something that grabs my interest. I'll be picking up my knitting needles again soon too so I can replenishing my Etsy shop, slowly but surely. I suppose the key is to stop thinking about all the things I can't do until spring gets here but instead focus on all the things I enjoy that will keep me busy and blissfully unaware of how dark and gloomy winter can be.


Random Fact About Me #3250: My favorite flower is the orchid.... just in case anyone wants to get me something for Valentine's Day. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment