It's been a long, maddening summer. One full of dark rain clouds, cold temperatures, and very little to inspire the creativity I've been longing for and so desperately needing ever since my last post. But thanks to my dear friend, Terra, I had a fantastic reason to rally my creative spirits and focus my energy on a new project that seems to have finally pulled me out of my crafting slump.
 |
| Handmade signs to help direct the way! |
Several months ago, Terra asked me to be her maid of honor. And one of my responsibilities was to throw her a bridal shower. As soon as I discovered that, the ideas started flying! I have
always wanted to throw an Alice in Wonderland themed party. And knowing Terra is a huge fan of all things Disney, I thought her bridal shower would be the perfect excuse. Not only that, but it gave me the challenge of coming up with loads of fun, colorful crafts to tie it all together!
I scoured the net for the next couple months and had quite the collection of photos, recipes, and other ideas saved for the event. I bought several little trinkets and special items I knew would come in handy on the actual day. I even put away my horrible tendency to procrastinate and spent many a weekend crafting to my hearts content so I would have all the decorations ready.
When the day finally arrived, I was overly thrilled by how everything came together the way I had been envisioning it all along. And I even managed to remain fairly stress-free the entire time prior to guests arriving. Things went very smoothly and we had a wonderful time sharing in laughter and creating good memories all afternoon with the beautiful bride-to-be! Thank you, Terra, for providing such a wonderful reason to throw a bright and whimsical party and I wish you and your fiance nothing but the best as you start your lives as husband and wife together!!
 |
| These colorful tissue balls were hung throughout the house! |
 |
| A feast fit for Queens! |
 |
| What's a tea party without tea cups! |
 |
| Nom Nom Nom! |
 |
| Sweet treats and mimosa's for everyone! |
 |
| Grand finale! |
|
|
Random Fact About Me #42: I was never a huge fan of cartoons growing up. Still not, really. Except Pixar. Love Pixar.
No comments:
Post a Comment